And so the recipes continue, and today I’m posting up this awesome chunky potato soup recipe, which is meant to serve 2-3 people, but I ended up eating the entire pot to myself in one sitting. Whoops.
Surprisingly easy to do and extremely satisfying to have on a cold, rainy day.
Chunky Potato Soup
Cook Time: 25 Min/ Ready In: 30 Min
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 small carrot, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese/ Swiss cheese
- In a large saucepan, combine the potatoes, onion, carrot, celery and broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender; lightly mash.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir into potato mixture. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Add parsley, salt and pepper. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese until melted.
The next recipe can be whipped up in a dash, it’s healthy and filling because of the pears, and who doesn’t like a bit of mozzarella now and then? 🙂
Pear, feta and romaine lettuce salad
- 1/2 head Romaine lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 Anjou pear, cored and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup lemon and olive oil dressing
- Handful of roasted, unsalted almonds
- Place the lettuce into a salad bowl, shred the mozzarella cheese on top, and add a layer of Anjou pears.
- Mix gently and sprinkle the almonds on top.
- Drizzle with lemon and olive oil dressing.